German crews found the Friedrichshafen G.III reliable and easy to fly. Introduced in 1917, the G.III was frequently used to bomb Paris and Dunkirk. Armed fore and aft with 7.92 mm machine guns, the G.III occasionally carried a third machine gun which could be fired through a trapdoor in the bottom of the fuselage.
Friedrichshafen G.III Specifications
Flugzeugbau Friedrichshafen GmbH
Two Mercedes D IVa, 6-cylinder, liquid cooled inline, 260 hp