Originally Posted by melsharkskin
And while I'm asking, is the kit overall accurate, or does it need some work here and there?
And how good of a job did Squadron do on the new four-bladed prop, as well as the LVG spinner and its four separate blades? (I don't know who contracted to do the resin, but I would guess it was CMK based on similar past projects.)
I can't speak too much on how accurate the kit is vs. the real a/c but from my sample some observations:
1. My resin four blade prop is badly deformed - the resin is very soft. I am hopeful application of heat will remove the warpage but not sure.
2. the LVG spinner with the seperate blades on the other hand looks good and the other resin parts are nice.
3. there are two methods supplied to replicate the pulley "windows" on the wings and elevator - the first is a combo of etched parts and decals, the second are resin pieces you must cut triangular openings in the wings to fit. The resin pieces look the better option but will be more difficult install I figure.
4. The decal options, cover art & instructions depict B4863 with the high cockpit sides but not B4891 - I had thought this should be the other way around? The photos I have seen of B4891 seem to show the high sides.
5. The etched parts are very nice
6. the Figure is good also, a bit long in the face but not bad