Links to Other Sites
Medals and Decorations
The Aerodrome News
Search The Aerodrome
Today in History

Learn how to remove ads

The Aerodrome Forum

Learn how to remove ads

Go Back   The Aerodrome Forum > WWI Aviation > Aircraft > Camouflage and Markings

Camouflage and Markings Topics related to the camouflage and markings of WWI aircraft

Closed Thread

Old 15 November 2005, 10:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rest in Peace

My Gallery
Rol.C.II

Josef Scott:
The Rol.C.II was flown by Schusta 2,5,15,17,21,24b,26,27b and 28b. By June 1917 all the Rol.C.II machines were withdrawn from front service. It was the "Hot Rod" of the C.Class aircraft with performance of the 1916 fighter aircraft.
Blue skies,
Dan-San
Old 19 November 2005, 02:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Observer

where can I gt this book?
rol schleich
Old 21 November 2005, 05:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rest in Peace

My Gallery
Where can I get this book?

rolschleich:
If you are referring "Schlachtflieger!" , it is not out yet, I think it will be next spring or so.
Blue skies,
Dan-San
Old 22 November 2005, 07:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
Forum Ace

Dan-San

Can't wait! This is coinciding perfectly with my newly expanding interest in 2-seaters. By-the-by, did you uncover any more info on Gottfried Ehman or his Halb CLII?
Old 22 November 2005, 09:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rest in Peace

My Gallery
Schlachtflieger!

Josef Scott:
Rick Duiven would be better at answering your question about Gottfried Ehmann. I wanted to do his Halb.Cl.II in five view color. I was unable to find a photo of his Halb.Cl.II with the aircraft number. The book will have about 300 pages with about 200 photos be around 30 pages a three view line drawings of every type of German aircraft used by the Schusta and Schlasta. There are 11 plates of colored profiles illustrating the markings of 30 known (72) profiles and 5 profiles of markings of unknown units. There are 8 colored plates of 5 views, Schlasta 27b Halb.Cl.II, A red and yellow Halb.Cl.II of Schlasta 21, Halb.Cl.II of Schlasta 23b, Halb.Cl.IV of Schlasta 21, Han.Cl.II of Schlasta 12, Han.Cl.II of Schlasta 25, Han.Cl.III of Schlasta 9, Han.Cl.IIIa of Schlasta 20. I believe this will be the reference book for the Schustas and Schlasta in the future.
Rick has put together the unit histories and personnel rosters of almost all the units. He has done one helluva job. I am real proud of Rick.
Blue skies,
Dan-San
Old 22 November 2005, 10:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
JFM
Forum Ace

Contributor

My Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_San_Abbott
Josef Scott:
Rick Duiven would be better at answering your question about Gottfried Ehmann. I wanted to do his Halb.Cl.II in five view color. I was unable to find a photo of his Halb.Cl.II with the aircraft number. The book will have about 300 pages with about 200 photos be around 30 pages a three view line drawings of every type of German aircraft used by the Schusta and Schlasta. There are 11 plates of colored profiles illustrating the markings of 30 known (72) profiles and 5 profiles of markings of unknown units. There are 8 colored plates of 5 views, Schlasta 27b Halb.Cl.II, A red and yellow Halb.Cl.II of Schlasta 21, Halb.Cl.II of Schlasta 23b, Halb.Cl.IV of Schlasta 21, Han.Cl.II of Schlasta 12, Han.Cl.II of Schlasta 25, Han.Cl.III of Schlasta 9, Han.Cl.IIIa of Schlasta 20. I believe this will be the reference book for the Schustas and Schlasta in the future.
Rick has put together the unit histories and personnel rosters of almost all the units. He has done one helluva job. I am real proud of Rick.
Blue skies,
Dan-San
Good Lord! My checkbook just burst into flames!
Old 22 November 2005, 10:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
Forum Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_San_Abbott
JBy June 1917 all the Rol.C.II machines were withdrawn from front service. It was the "Hot Rod" of the C.Class aircraft with performance of the 1916 fighter aircraft.
Then why was it withdrawn?

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."

- Denis Diderot
Old 22 November 2005, 10:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by josef scott
By-the-by, did you uncover any more info on Gottfried Ehman or his Halb CLII?
Unfortunately, not much. He's a mystery man, considering he was the top German two-seater ace. R.
Old 23 November 2005, 08:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
Forum Ace

Too bad about Ehman, but...wow!..the book sounds incredible. Better start a savings account now...
Old 25 November 2005, 03:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rest in Peace

My Gallery
Drawings of the C types.

Josef Scott:
The line drawings cover these C Class aircraft in chronological order.
Alb.C.III, Alb.C.V, Alb.C.VII*, Rol.C.II*, Ru.C.I, AEG.C.IV*, DFW C.V*, LVG.C.IV, Ago.C.IV, Alb.C.X, Ru.C.IV, Alb.C.XII, LVG.C.V*, Halb.Cl.II*, Han.Cl.II*, Han.Cl.III*, Han.Cl.IIIa*, Alb.J.I*, Halb.Cl.IV*. That is a total of 19 C. Class machines in three view line drawings. Those also illustrated in 77 colored profiles are marked with an asterisk*. The camouflage schemes of all the illustrated aircraft are covered in detail in the text.
Some aircraft , like the DFW C.V show colored illustrations of DFW built in several different camouflage schemes. The model builder will have a variety scheme to select from All the scheme employed by Halberstadt and Hannover are illustrated.
Blue skies,
Dan-San
Closed Thread