Medals and Decorations
The Aerodrome News
Search The Aerodrome
Today in History

Learn how to remove ads

The Aerodrome Forum

Learn how to remove ads

Go Back   The Aerodrome Forum > WWI Aviation > Games and Flight Sims

Games and Flight Sims Topics related to Red Baron, Dawn Patrol and other WWI aviation games

Closed Thread

Old 26 May 2009, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Scout Pilot

RB3D Screenshots: How?

Hi All,

Probably a very silly question, but I can't find any reference in the RB manuals to making screenshots.

How do you do it, and where are they saved?

Thanks in advance

Bob

Remembering: Driver T2/10816 G Tester, born Kirkcaldy, Fifeshire: A.S.C. & Aerial Gunner 20 Squadron RFC - my maternal grandfather: Killed in aerial combat 28.09.1917: Pont du Hem Military Cemetery, France.

Able Seaman J McCullagh, born Co. Wicklow, Ireland: my Great Uncle: Killed in action, SS Mavisbrook, 17th May 1918.

Captain R A Sellwood, born London: 44th Bn C.E.F. - My paternal Grandfather - Survived

The Union Flag runs in my veins.
HTTP://www.winged-sabres.co.uk
Sponsored Links
Old 26 May 2009, 01:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
JFM
Forum Ace

Contributor

My Gallery
Hello,

It's been years since I've flown RB3D so I cannot answer any specifics regarding in-sim screenshots. However, you can download a free utility called FSScreen that takes screenshots of any part of a (any) sim, including interfaces, logbooks, etc.

http://http://www.flightsimworld.com...file/1058.html
Old 26 May 2009, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Scout Pilot

RB3D Screenshots

Hi JFM,

Many thanks. Just downloaded it, now I'll give it a try.

And talk about a quick answer - faster than any WW1 plane!

Thanks again

Bob

Remembering: Driver T2/10816 G Tester, born Kirkcaldy, Fifeshire: A.S.C. & Aerial Gunner 20 Squadron RFC - my maternal grandfather: Killed in aerial combat 28.09.1917: Pont du Hem Military Cemetery, France.

Able Seaman J McCullagh, born Co. Wicklow, Ireland: my Great Uncle: Killed in action, SS Mavisbrook, 17th May 1918.

Captain R A Sellwood, born London: 44th Bn C.E.F. - My paternal Grandfather - Survived

Old 26 May 2009, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
JFM
Forum Ace

Contributor

My Gallery
You're welcome! I've used FSScreen for years. Takes great screens and is ultra-simple. There may be other programs out there about which I'm unaware, but this will at least get you well off on the right foot.
Old 28 May 2009, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Scout Pilot

For JFM,

Re FSScreen: it took a few changes to my graphics settings (I've got RB3D on Windows 98SE), but it's working fine now. See the proof!

Recommended to anyone, also works with Flying Corps (for those who remember it).

Thanks again,

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fsscr013.jpg (50.6 KB, 41 views)

Old 29 May 2009, 01:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Ace

Bob,

looks you're playing in Direct Draw.

I would suggest to grab a Glide Wrapper (DgVoodoo or OpenGL): graphics would improve significantly!

Find first at:

dgVoodoo

or second at:
http://vonoben.free.fr/download.php?file=136
Old 4 June 2009, 02:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Scout Pilot

Greybeard,

Thanks for the advice. Sorry I didn't get back quicker, but it took a while to get it sorted. See attached, a big improvement.

You seem to have knowledge of the game, so maybe you can advise me: is there a recommended terrain patch that I can use with Glide + CM11 + WFP?

I have some I downloaded aeons ago from Beery, OTE, PLR, Gump, and Tom's Winter terrain, but not sure which is compatible with what. PLR says compatible with CM11, but does it work with WFP? I've tried a mish-mash of some but got CTD's.

Next question: I have CM10 + update, CM11, WFP70 & WFP2 all available but not yet installed:

Do I need to install CM10 + update then add CM11, or is CM11 enough on its own?

Last question: which was the latest version of WFP?

If you or anyone can help me on these questions, many thanks. It's been years since I played this, and I never got it quite right then!

If not, then thanks for the Glide advice. It certainly looks better.

Cheers,

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RB3D Glide 005.jpg (47.3 KB, 25 views)

Old 5 June 2009, 01:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Ace

Testerchild,

Terrain Patch: the sole incompatibility (on some systems) is between Gabi's ReLoad (a little utility which runs RB allowing to set wind drift, engine failures, hard unjam and reload, realistic engine management such as mixture control and more) and Promised Land or derived (like Gump's and Mark's terrains) cause colors palette change required and often unmanageable by RB if running under ReLoad. Since you don't mention, you may use whichever set of terrain tiles. Personally, I always suggest the OTE/PL combo you may find at:

Hell's Angels Scenery

CM11 is enough on its own.

Latest version of WFP is WFP2. Although it may looks strange, it is because after Pat Wilson did last version of its own WFP, the WFP7, then got authorization from Kess (Promised Land) to issue his uncompleted WFP II, originally intended as a much renewed WFP made using FCJ textures, terrains and special features. Since Kess had been forced to drop the project, Pat took all the improved stuff at the "state of art" and packed this new WFP, where "II" became "2".

Have fun!
GB
Old 5 June 2009, 02:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Scout Pilot

Greybeard,

Late at night here, but just downloaded OTE/PL Combo. Will install over weekend & let you know results.

Many thanks for your fast and helpful response and other advice - much appreciated.

Bob

Old 6 June 2009, 02:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Forum Ace

Delicatessen for connoisseurs

Testerchild,

since you seem truly interested, I would suggest to perform a second install of RB3D (may be enough to copy entire "RedBaron3D" directory into another folder named e.g. Sierra2) and dedicate it to Hell's Angels, implemented by my latest 6th RNAS patch. If you like, you may act as follows (after having installed OTE/PL):

dl & install Hell's Angels Super Patch, taken from:

The Main HA Patch

upgrade it by Service Pack 3:

Service Updates

then add HA6Npit5:

http://vonoben.free.fr/downloads/HA6Npit5.zip

You don't need for this CM11. Start a career with british (I know you like them! on 1st of April 1917 and choose 6th RNAS (later becoming 43rd RFC). You'll find yourself servicing for a short-lived but very special unit, flying superb Nieuports 17bis, flamboyantly coloured, against the best aces of Jasta 2, flying in that time in same area. You could encounter even from first mission Voss, Richthofen and Bolle.
Closed Thread