Help
Links to Other Sites
Medals and Decorations
The Aerodrome News
Search The Aerodrome
Today in History

Learn how to remove ads

The Aerodrome Forum

Go Back   The Aerodrome Forum > Announcements and Introductions > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions New to The Aerodrome Forum? Stop here to introduce yourself and meet the regulars.

Closed Thread

Old 30 March 2012, 06:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Observer

Hello

Greetings all.

My first post, so I take the opportunity for a very brief introduction. I grew up on World War I stories as a kid, told by my father (who was himself a WWII bomber crew FE). I am glad to see this site.

I found the site while looking for a particular squadron insignia which I remember from a book I had yonks ago. I think it was on DH4's(?), correct me if I am wrong, as my memory probably fails me. It was of a boy doing a double nose thumbing (a rough example posted as an attachment here, that I did on inkscape).

What squadron? Does anyone have a better image of it? I have not been able to find it.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: png noser.png (2.7 KB, 10 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 30 March 2012, 10:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Ace of Aces

Contributor

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithS View Post
Greetings all.

My first post, so I take the opportunity for a very brief introduction. I grew up on World War I stories as a kid, told by my father (who was himself a WWII bomber crew FE). I am glad to see this site.

I found the site while looking for a particular squadron insignia which I remember from a book I had yonks ago. I think it was on DH4's(?), correct me if I am wrong, as my memory probably fails me. It was of a boy doing a double nose thumbing (a rough example posted as an attachment here, that I did on inkscape).

What squadron? Does anyone have a better image of it? I have not been able to find it.

Thanks!
Mate,
Welcome to the flagship of the Aerodrome - where the greatest minds on the planet get together and talk about their favorite subject - WW1.

ttfn

tcrean7828

tom

P.S. Werner Voss and Kurt Wolff fan here.
Closed Thread