* *Ltn. Erich Limpert of Jasta 21s was KIA over Cheppy Wald *while Alb.D.V machines of Jasta 21s were engaging 10 French Spads on 27 July 1917.
* *The following day, on 28 July Oltn. Eduard Ritter von Schleich
in his grief over the loss of his friend, he painted the fuselage and tails of his Alb. D.V black. *Ref. "RITTER VON SCHLEICH", by Fried Lange, Völkischer Verlag G.m.b.H., Düsseldorf. 1939.
All his aircraft thereafter were painted black, in Jasta 21s, Jasta 32b and as Gruja 8 and Kommandeur of Jage IVb.
* *Oblt. Ritter von Schleich commanded Jasta21s from 26 May 1917 as acting Leader until 19 June 1917 when he became the Jastaführer. *He went on leave on 1 October 1917. *While on leave he was transferred out of Jasta 21s and transferred to Jasta 32b on 23 October 1917 as Jastaführer.
* * * * * * * * * * * * Blue skies,
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *Dan-San