Books and Film
The Aerodrome Forum
Help
Links to Other Sites
Medals and Decorations
Search The Aerodrome
Today in History

The Aerodrome Forum

Go Back   The Aerodrome Forum > WWI Aviation > Aircraft > Camouflage, Colors and Markings

Camouflage, Colors and Markings Topics related to Camouflage, Colors and Markings of WWI aircraft

Closed Thread

Old 15 November 2005, 06:59 AM   #101
jumpinjan
Forum Ace

"Jan:
I have finished the 4 and 5 color data sheets in the new format. Tomorrow, I'll start on the Naval 3 color hex. That will rattle a few cages. It should be in the mail no later than Friday. I would appreciate Jan, if you will post all the data sheets on the this thread.
Blue skies,
Dan-San"

I'm convinced that we cannot post an RGB image or RGB values without creating significant errors in the color rendering. I finished the 4-5 color data sheets and as well as most all the Methuen coded German colors that Dan-San recommended in his WWI Aero article. I matched my CYMK color printed samples to the Methuen codes and not RGB screen samples. Even with the more limited color gamut of CYMK vs RGB, I was surprised how much more accurate I could match the colors. Of course, these matched colors will probably be valid only on my computer & printer combination, but I haven't proven that yet. I sent all my hardcopies to Dan-San for review a while back and if he approves release to the public, I'll post some of them here.
If I do post them here, I recommend that you print them out on photographic paper and mix your paints using the print as your master color referrence. Don't try to use the computer screen, you will not get a good match.
Old 15 November 2005, 10:28 AM   #102
Dan_San_Abbott
Rest in Peace

My Gallery
Color Charts.

Jan:
You have done a fine job on the color charts, the stlye and format are good.
If I have not sent the Naval three color chart let me know, and I'll stick it in the mail. That will complete all the charts. These charts that Jan has completed is keyed to the camouflage article that is stored here in the Forum.
All the colors are provided with colors chips, I might add for the first time ever! Thank you Jan, that completes the circle.
Blue skies,
Dan-San
Closed Thread