Go Back   The Aerodrome Forum > WWI Aviation > Aircraft > 3-view Scale Drawings

3-view Scale Drawings Topics related to 3-view Scale Drawings of WWI aircraft

Closed Thread

Old 19 November 2021, 09:13 PM   #1
Wufnu
Observer

Wingnut Wings - Instruction & Hints Archive

Hi guys!

I just learned of Wingnut Wings WWI aircraft modeling company, went to order, and wouldn't ya know it? They're permanently shut down from the covid. They were started by, and stemming from, Peter Jackson's wonderful work with WWI related items.

Anyway, I figure a company of his would likely have pretty good data so I went ahead and downloaded all of the instructions as well as updated instructions (in case it's to correct historical detail) and threw them all into a ZIP file. I didn't get any of the reference photos, model photos, etc. I just don't have the time to do all of that manually

Anyway, I figure the instructions have at least very good 3-views as well as little details others might easily miss.

I figure one day the website will just be gone so, for posterity sake, here is the zip file with all of those things. I'll put it in two places, in case I don't keep my Google Drive sub.

From Google Drive

From MEGA

Later edit: To be honest, I haven't kept up with the WWI scene in... y'know... a decade or two but I remember Windsock Datafiles and such. Anyway, I go to their site and they're selling "pre-owned" (i.e. used) Wingnut Wings kits?? And the prices are insane. Ebay's the same. What did I just blindly walk into? This doesn't seem rational. Did I miss a cult thing or... ? I mean, I'd hate to be left out.

Last edited by Wufnu; 19 November 2021 at 09:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 19 November 2021, 09:52 PM   #2
Wufnu
Observer

Eh, while I'm at it, I'll throw up my plans of Peter Rake. He died couple years back, unfortunately, but he had a lot of publicly available plans and I've put the ones I have in a little file. It's not comprehensive, by any mean, not even for publicly available plans of his (he was prolific) but beats a poke in the eye.

Google

MEGA
Old 21 November 2021, 10:18 AM   #3
Ziegel
Observer

I have downloaded many of the full instruction manuals from Wingnut Wings as they contain a wealth of information for future reference and you just don't know how long the website will be accessible - bit surprised it's still available. Could it be Wingnut Wings be resurrected at sometime?

Last edited by Ziegel; 21 November 2021 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Grammer
Closed Thread