The Aerodrome Forum
Help
Links to Other Sites
Medals and Decorations
Search The Aerodrome
Today in History

The Aerodrome Forum

Go Back   The Aerodrome Forum > Archives > 2001

2001 Closed threads from 2001 (read only)

Old 13 December 2001, 02:00 PM   #1
ccj
Observer

I have many items that may interest some of you. Please take a look. Many British WWI and WWII uniform items and I have a WWI MC to sell as well but just now thought about it. The Brit uniforms are awesome and the name of owner known. See bottom for those.
MEDALS

French, Legion of Honor Breast Star, 1870 Third Republic. Star made of silver and of high quality. Hard to find these days. Large star in excellent condition with nice age patina. $850.00

Italy, Order of the Crown, Grand Officer Breast Star and Neck Badge. Cased. Star and badge are excellent. Badge is made of gold. Has neck ribbon with ties. Case is complete with wear to the outside. This order was awarded to senior German officers during WE $450.00

Bulgaria, Bravery Order 4th Grade, 1st Class with Swords. Pinback breast badge with beautiful enamel. This is the award that German officers received during W.W.I and W.W.II to include Richthofen and the W-SS Kurt 'Panzer' Meyer. $350.00

Finnish Cross for Front Fighter's on the Russian Front, Excellent badge with no damage to enamel. 1941-1943. Screwback. Worn by foreign volunteers in the W-SS Hard to find $300.00

Shoulder Boards

Prussian 1910 1Lt shoulder straps for the 46th Inf. Rgt. Has correct yellow underlay for the V. Corps. These are slip-on w/ one gilt pip and gilt 46 on each. Matching used but excellent. $125.00

Bavarian 1915 Lt subdued shoulder straps for the 4th Inf. Rgt. Slip-on type with white underlay. Excellent condition. $125.00

Uniform items

British general's side cap with beautiful KC general's bullion cap badge. W.W.II cap in great condition. $150.00

RAAF officer's visor cap with KC a badge. W.W.II cap from a W.W.II Australian officer. Can supply name. Used condition but rare to find RAAF caps. Large size $250.00

RAF officer's visor cap with KC cap badge. W.W.II cap in great condition, wearable size for most. $150.00

RCAF 4 pocket service uniform with pants. W.W.II uniform for a Pilot Officer. Has observer wings and Canadian Volunteer Service ribbon with Maple Leaf device for overseas service (Est 1943). Set is in excellent condition with RCAF buttons. $150.00

Gordon Highlanders Kilt, W.W.I issue, possibly W.W.II but is exactly the same as the W.W.I issue kilt that is listed for sale by a well respected dealer in England and his lists for $750.00. All fabric except the leather straps. Excellent. $450.00

Gordon Highlanders enlisted man's Glengarry with original cap badge. Used but very nice $150.00

Highland Light Infantry Major's uniform group. Cuff ranked doublet with ribbons to include the DSO. Trews for HLI, and Glengarry with a REAL WWI officers cap badge. All to one man. $1550.00
Major John Hunter, DSO, HLI
Son of Malcolm Hunter, Glasgow
Educated at Glasgow High School
Served with HLI in Great War
Appointed as Temp. Lieutenant, 16th (Service) Bn. (2nd Glasgow), HLI, on 1
December 1914
Appointed as Temp. Captain, 16th (Service) Bn. (2nd Glasgow), HLI, on 1 July
DSO- LG 4 Jun 1917 (no citation)
Appointed as Temp. Major, General List on 16 Mar 18
On 19 July 1918 he was appointed Deputy Asst. Director of Auxiliaries (Class
FF)
Mentioned in Dispatches and Wounded in Action during the Great War
Later on staff of HQ, Scottish Command
In 1934 he was living at: Abbotsford, Newlands, Glasgow

Highland Cyclist Bn Capt uniform group, Tam-o'-shanter with tartan, doublet, Trews, breeches, Sam Brown belt, and document from the PRO on the man who owned them during the war. $1650.00
Battery Sergeant Major Charles Croll Robertson of The Highland Cyclist
Battalion, Territorial Force was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant on 19
February 1915. He was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant on 1 June 16 and
in 1918 was serving as Capt. on attachment to the 1st Battalion, The King' s Own
Scottish Borderers. Wounded in action 1918.
Sponsored Links
Old 12 January 2002, 10:29 AM   #2
texk120

I need a picture of the French medal - Madaille Militarie, as seen on this site in the medals section. I'd like to get the rights to a photo of it for my new novel's book cover. Please advise.
Robert Keating
203-226-8478 or texk120@aol