The Aerodrome Forum
Help
Links to Other Sites
Medals and Decorations
Search The Aerodrome
Today in History

The Aerodrome Forum

Go Back   The Aerodrome Forum > Archives > Models

Models Topics related to WWI aircraft models. Forum is closed for posting.

Old 26 May 2006, 02:37 PM   #1
StephenLawson
Shot Down

Unique build in progress!

Along with our "Most Memorable dioramas and unique builds" I would like to propose another "sub-thread" that would showcase talent in progress. One of our modest new members here is "naimbs" apparently a younger French student and I found him working on a unique approach to the Roden kit.

Please see his inprogress report at;
http://www.master194.com/forumww1/vi...er=asc&start=0

Possibly he would share his thoughts with us if we encourage him.
Sponsored Links
Old 26 May 2006, 09:43 PM   #2
RAGIII
Forum Ace

This is a very impressive build! No novice to modeling by any means! Thanks for the link, although it makes me wish I had tried harder in High School French Class
RAGIII
Old 27 May 2006, 06:37 AM   #3
Rittersbach
Two-seater Pilot

Very impressive so far. A novice like me can surely learn from this young lad's talents. May I offer up a link that will help translate the French.

http://dictionary.reference.com/translate/text.html

ritt
Old 27 May 2006, 10:05 AM   #4
naimbs
Observer

Hi

Thank you very much I am flattered.

The fuselage is made in plastic section of 0.8mm with a plan WD . Much patience but it is realizable with method. It is just necessary to take its time and to be irritated. It is the first time that I make this type of work and it is interessant for me because I learns from the new techniques

A très bientôt
Old 27 May 2006, 12:46 PM   #5
edmondthieffry
Scout Pilot

Hello Naimbs,

I'm glad to see your here and your marvellous job on this models.

As I can see, You follow the advise of Osterkamp and Draken and join us on the Drome. A warm welcome from my little Belgium and keep up this (very) good work.

Best regards

Edmond

Making models is holding history in your hands.

Old 27 May 2006, 12:53 PM   #6
Scimitar
Forum Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmondthieffry
Hello Naimbs,

I'm glad to see your here and your marvellous job on this models.

As I can see, You follow the advise of Osterkamp and Draken and join us on the Drome. A warm welcome from my little Belgium and keep up this (very) good work.

Best regards

Edmond
I have just to precize that Draken is my pseudo on the forums of France and Belgium...
Welcome here naimbs, I'm glad to see you and your progress in the English language.
Old 28 May 2006, 01:53 AM   #7
naimbs
Observer

Hi

I surrounded the zones which will pose a problem to me... the adjustment is done in the pain!! ... It is really a difficult zone of the kit Roden!

I think that there was to be round sections behind the plate avoids fire of the engine... I will put them even if I am not on bus on the level of solidity that will be easier for the continuation when must be put the higher wing...

Thank you has Edmond, scimitar théo and Philippe who justify me and advises me throughout this assembly with their councils on rittmeister194 forum

A très bientôt
Old 29 August 2006, 04:23 AM   #8
naimbs
Observer

Hello

Work on the cap in front of the pilot or places the spandau... Thus I started by eliminating what was supposed to represent the supports of weapons etc... I began one of both spandau in order to be able to make dummy trials in order to remake their supports on the structure in evergreen...

I preferred stuck the section of evergreen for the continuation of the structure on the part directly, because it is simpler for the adjustment

I am sorry for the quality of the photographs

A bientôt

Naimbs
Old 8 September 2006, 08:40 AM   #9
naimbs
Observer

Hello

A little work on this model. The seat which will have to be furnished a little because that made strange without cushion.

Beginning of work on the floor, in plastic chart.... it is still necessary to refine the holes. The Part floor is very beautiful but it do not have broad enough for this transformation... damage...

I seek has to remake tiny the parts being useful for the internal staying (ringed of red). it is not easy . How would make to represent that ?

Any remarks and councils are welcome

A bientôt

Naimbs
Old 8 September 2006, 10:35 AM   #10
Philippe JOURDAN
Two-seater Pilot

Mort de rire......

MORT DE RIRE......

Les deserteurs, se parlent en anglais..........entre eux......
Il manque Fred dans le coup.........

Blague dans le coin..... ou plutot blague a part..... C'est tres bien d'exporter notre savoir faire....

Sorry friends of The Drome to writte in french, I was joking with my french speaking friends of our... very young WW1 site, RITTMEISTER 194..., a.... Franco-Belge WW1 site, where you would be welcomed....

It is not nescessary to speak french for pay a visit on....( Hi Ritter, RAGIII and Stephen...) You may post in english... no problem, you will have answers, comments etc... in english.... ( proof above..... )

Welcomme.