Medals and Decorations
The Aerodrome News
Search The Aerodrome
Today in History

Subscribe to remove ads

The Aerodrome Forum

Subscribe to remove ads

Go Back   The Aerodrome Forum > WWI Aviation > Art

Art Topics related to WWI aviation artists, art, aircraft profiles, 3D rendering, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11 June 2007, 02:30 AM   #1
Gil
Observer

Vue 6 Sky Work

Hello All,

I am a relative newcomer to this site and especially this section of the forum. The reason for this post is to share some of my work with E-on Vue 6. This application software now supports volumetric and spectral clouds. The software is fairly easy to learn and comes with a well written manual that includes tutorials. The depth of this package boarders on just plain amazing after only just a little work. Vue allows the setup of just about any eco surround that might be desired. An advanced version allows it to be embedded as a plugin to some of the leading CGI packages such as 3D Studiomax, Maya, Cinema 4D etc. This is one of those packages where you will never go home once you start using it...,

The following is a meta cloud study rendered with soft sun colors and soft shadows over a procedural ocean. A backdrop sky consisting of banded cumulus streets completes the setup. A lot of detail is lost through the jpeg encoding process but I think enough is left to give a pretty good idea of this applications potential. I hope to improve my proficiency to the point to where super cell cu's can be rendered as High Dynamic Range Images (HDRI).

Best regards,
-Gil

Sponsored Links
Old 11 June 2007, 05:29 AM   #2
Sreiko
Forum Ace

My Gallery
Gil- this is very nice product and I am sure that will be welcome by the digital artist. I still more prefer to paint it by hand and special prepared brushes in Photoshop but who- maybe try this one day. Keep on good work
Owner: www.sreckobradic.com
Email: [email protected]
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/LetLet...s/308234397758
Old 11 June 2007, 05:13 PM   #3
Gil
Observer

A Little More...,

Hi Sreiko,

It is a very nice tool. Before its existence cloud generation was one of the larger items standing in the way of continuing a larger project that includes animation. There is no way such realism can be recreated by hand to achieve the effect. In a larger sense I see this as another media tool type for producing a desired effect, in this case volumetric, spectral clouds that can be rendered as part of an overall setup, scene by scene. Modeling of early aviation objects are currently underway that will also be "rigged". Further models also need development but that's just a matter of time to do them. People will be low poly for the most part except those needed for close up sequences will require a lot of Photoshop and Cinema 4D Bodypaint 3D time. Still have to figure how to do a flyover of early 1900 Paris...,

Best regards,

-Gil

Last edited by Gil; 12 June 2007 at 07:10 AM.
Closed Thread