The Aerodrome Forum

Go Back   The Aerodrome Forum > WWI Aviation > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Topics related to WWI aviation authors, books and magazines

Closed Thread

Old 2 October 2009, 02:51 AM   #1
Varese2002
Forum Ace of Aces

Blume - Russian Military Air Fleet in WW 1

Both volumes of August Blume - The Russian Military Air Fleet in World War I -are now given on Amazon (UK) as being published by Schiffer on February 20, 2010. It is always a challenge to get a book of this size produced. When you want it, you can probably save on Christmas expenses

The Russian Military Air Fleet in World War I: Chronology, 1910-1917 v. 1: Amazon.co.uk: August G. Blume: Books

- or -

Amazon.com: The Russian Military Air Fleet in World War I: Chronology, 1910-1917 v. 1 (9780764333514): August G. Blume: Books

Amazon.com: The Russian Military Air Fleet in World War I: Victories, Losses, Awards v. 2 (9780764333521): August G. Blume: Books

Cheers

Kees

Last edited by Varese2002; 2 October 2009 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Amazon UK
Sponsored Links
Old 2 October 2009, 06:36 AM   #2
crankcase
Forum Ace

I miss August Blume! A real gentleman.
marc
Old 2 October 2009, 06:45 AM   #3
ONEALM
Forum Ace of Aces

Contributor

My Gallery
Excellent

I'll be in line for these for certain.

Augie was a great friend whom I sorely miss. These two volumes are a tribute to his admiration for the Russian Air Fleet and like everything I ever saw Augie do, will be a superior job.

I'm looking forward to reading these and hearing my good friend's voice again.

Join the League of World War One Aviation Historians - and receive 4 issues of "Over the Front".

Visit us at :
http://overthefront.com/

And be sure to visit -
Visit
www.goldenageair.org
Old 26 December 2009, 10:53 AM   #4
spad
Forum Ace

I missed this thread when it went out, but just want to add my own small comment to it. I first started chatting to Augie about '89 when I read some of his stuff about the Serbs in WW1. Since then (apart from getting married, having two kids, getting my degree...) we have exchanged stuff on a number of issues, most recently the Rumanian and Serb air services. My birthday is coming soon and so I hope to get at least one, if not both of the volumes... it's odd but I still expect when I send off a thread about the Russians or the Serbs or the Rumanians or Bulgarians... that he'll get back to me... surely there's no greater compliment on someone that he is missed by those that never met him, face-to-face but always expected him to know something interesting...

I miss his companionship.
Old 30 December 2009, 04:02 AM   #5
Varese2002
Forum Ace of Aces

I just checked on the availability of the Blume 2-part work and it is stated as available on Amazon.com and at the site of Schiffer books.

Cheers

Kees
Old 30 December 2009, 05:03 AM   #6
YavorD
Forum Ace of Aces

It was (and possibly is) available at amazon.co.uk with delivery estimate in March 2010.
Happy New Year!
Yavor
Old 30 December 2009, 10:03 AM   #7
Varese2002
Forum Ace of Aces

The second volume is stated on amazon.co.uk as 'usually despatched within 10 to 14 days'. The first volume is given as 'temporarily out of stock'.

The US branch of amazon gives for both volumes the message 'sign up to be notified when this item becomes available'.

Well to say the least, it is confusing.

Kees
Old 16 January 2010, 08:09 PM   #8
Dan_San_Abbott
Rest in Peace

My Gallery
Crusty Augie

Gentlemen:
It has been my pleasure to have Augie as a friend for nearly 30 years. I first came into contact with Augie, I guess in the in the 1970-80 period. I had writen to him seeking some information, and the next thing I knew was a knock on the front and there stands the Parcel post guy with a large cardboard box. In it was Augies binders with all the data on the German Air Force. I was flabbergasted (stunned)> I called Augie and thanked him. Well several years passed and Augie had moved to California on the Marin Peninsula (SF Bay area.) I had retired to Ceres. I had a"Gathering of Eagles"
here at my home. I went through the membership list of OTF and called everyone listed within 100 plus miles. Patti in talking to Augie found he was working on Serbian Air Service, and she asked Augie if had had Serbian Bean Soup. I do't remember answer, but it got Augie off on a tangent looking for the receipe for Serbian Bean Soup. We Had Serbian Bean Soup while we were in Europe, and ever since she has been looking for Serbian Bean Soup. The problem with getting older, you start loosing your friends. First it was Augie and a week later Rick. Loosing Augie was terrible, but Rick was the real sh*ts. Augie and I would get into some of damnest discussions. He could really be profane, and I would get into with him, and that is where Patti would stick her oar into the conversation and square me away. Augie was brilliant, I really enjoyed his friendship.
Blue skies Gentlemen,
Dan-San
P.S. Anyone have the receipe for Serbian Bean Soup??
Old 16 January 2010, 10:38 PM   #9
Varese2002
Forum Ace of Aces

Indeed August Blume was a very special person. About the Serbian bean soup, you can find 24 recepts for Serbische Bohnensuppe (German language) here.

The recepies are not that difficult and I notice that the soup is at its best when eaten after three days. Perhaps that is also the best way to read the two-volume book of August Blume, but I don't know I will manage to stay off for three days

Hope the two-volume book will be available soon.

Kees
Old 17 January 2010, 05:20 AM   #10
ONEALM
Forum Ace of Aces

Contributor

My Gallery
On Schiffer

Gents -

I just ordered both vilumes on Schiffer's website- seems they are avaiable now.

Dan - Funny story about the bean-soup, but the was Augies character as you know. I sure miss the man.....

-Mike

Join the League of World War One Aviation Historians - and receive 4 issues of "Over the Front".

Visit us at :
http://overthefront.com/

And be sure to visit -
Visit
www.goldenageair.org
Closed Thread