Today in History

The Aerodrome Forum

Go Back   The Aerodrome Forum > WWI Aviation > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Topics related to WWI aviation authors, books and magazines

Closed Thread

Old 1 November 2009, 02:04 PM   #1
Jeroplan
Two-seater Pilot

Wings of Serbia-Serbian Aviation Command and Aeronautique de l'Armee Serbe 1912-1920

Dear friends,

I'm proud to announce the publishing of my latest book. For more details take a look at

http://www.wingsofserbia.com

Cheers,
Boris Ciglić
Sponsored Links
Old 1 November 2009, 10:26 PM   #2
Varese2002
Forum Ace of Aces

Congratulations Boris on writing this compehensive book (something like 500 pages I have seen mentioned) about the little known subject (to me at least ) of Serbian aviation during the period 1912-1920. Sure you must have been researching (and writing) for years to present this definitive tome.

It was a wise choice of yours to add French text as a second language. It will probably widen the audience somewhat.

Your book must be one of the most lavish ones published in recent years wordwide. Judging from a few shots I have seen on the internet it is a stunning presentation. There is one question only ... Where can I best order this book in Serbia, preferably via internet ?

Congratulations again

Kees
Old 1 November 2009, 11:25 PM   #3
Jeroplan
Two-seater Pilot

Hi Kees,

It is the English as the second language, and of course the Serbian is the first.
There is a somewhat obscure presentation on the site about ordering at

http://www.wingsofserbia.com/order

but it should be simple, at least for people having a Paypal. An e-mail at the provided address

book#wingsofserbia.com

(change # for @) is enough for the details about the Paypal payment.
The bank wire transfer is another option but it is a bit more complicated as it would require IBAN, SWIFT etc. for each particular country of destination of the book.
As for the payment with VISA, Mastercard etc. this is unfortunately not possible at the moment as the publishing house is a very small one and does not have the necessary permissions for such transactions.

Cheers,
Boris
Old 1 November 2009, 11:52 PM   #4
crankcase
Forum Ace

Congratulations

This looks superb!
Too bad you didn't release the book two weeks ago when I was in Belgrade. But I will be back and I will obtain my copy.
Boris, next time maybe we can meet at the aviation museum I visited at the airport.
marc
p.s. Alba Greca: Is this an old name for Belgrade? ("Alb" or "alba" means "white" in Romanian. The Romanian town of Alba Iulia was once referred to as Belgrad, or "white castle" so I suppose "belo" means "white" in Serbian, similar to Belorussia, or "white Russia" I suppose. Romanian itself is derived from Latin, but it has a bunch of words deriving from Slavic. Languages are fun and interesting.)
Old 2 November 2009, 01:56 AM   #5
Jeroplan
Two-seater Pilot

Well Marc,
the book was released in September, but the site got operational only yesterday. Contact me the next time you come here, and yes, Alba Grecca / Alba Graeca is the old Latin name of Belgrade.

P.S. I've been told that there are some problems with the downloading of the sample pages of the book with the Opera browser, but it works well with the Explorer. Nevertheless I will try to fix it ASAP.
Old 3 November 2009, 09:30 AM   #6
dpolglaze
Forum Ace

Boris,

Nice looking book. If I order several, can the shipment be combined to lower per book shipping costs?

Thanks,

Dan
Old 3 November 2009, 03:25 PM   #7
Jeroplan
Two-seater Pilot

Hello Dan,

To be honest, I don't know but I suppose it could be done. Drop me a PM and I will talk to the publisher. This would have to be checked with the Serbian Post and their rules and regulations.

Cheers,
Boris
Old 14 November 2009, 02:34 AM   #8
YavorD
Forum Ace of Aces

Thank you, Jeroplan!
The book was collected from the post office couple of hours ago. Actually, the package was waiting me from November 9th.
It is very well published and illustrated!
No time to read the text yet. I need to complete couple of things before diving into it
Only small note concerning packing. The book was not really damaged but two the corners of the cardboard package suffered a lot due the rough handling. My book survived well but there is a real risk for damage.
Regards,
Yavor
Old 14 November 2009, 11:42 PM   #9
Jeroplan
Two-seater Pilot

Well Yavor,

I hope to see your full impressions after you get through it
As for the packing, the people at "Infinitas" are doing their best but its the problem with the Serbian Post, which charges shamefully high for shipment, and doesn't want to change ridiculous rules about packing books which date back to 1945, when the "people's government" needed to peep into each book sent abroad to check if there is anything subversive inside.
I will surely pass your remarks to the publisher and ask them to take even more care.
Boris
Old 15 November 2009, 07:15 AM   #10
Profa
Observer

Have just went through the extract you've placed on your site , and might tell you that I'm more than delighted to see so much material (especially photos and documents) gathered in one place !
This is the material I'm looking for the most, and I'll buy it in the first instance
Way to go, Mr. Ciglić, way to go!
Closed Thread