The Aerodrome Forum

Go Back   The Aerodrome Forum > WWI Aviation > People

People Topics related to WWI aviation personnel

Closed Thread

Old 27 December 2002, 05:42 AM   #1
jc
Scout Pilot

Good Day & Happy Landings to you all!

For those who have been following the Weir Cook Project the last couple of years. You know how hard our group of young people have been trying to bring a forgotten HERO back to the fore front!

Starting with his hometown,which we succeeded with the dedication of a park & monument.

Getting the attention of the state of Indiana, we succeeded w/ a lot of media attention!

The Indianapolis International airport; renaming. Well we put a lot of pressure on them through Vetrans groups & citizens. And they still have not said no. Instead they use the word flexible which can be a good thing.

The H. Weir Cook biography & pictorial is going great. I have a person who has done several books on my team & who can add new life to the 94th squadron. He is a WW1 history buff like all of us & I can't wait to see what we can produce together.

Last but not least a goal & my dream of producing a WW1 museum & the home for Col. H. Weir Cook (sponsored by the family of Weir cook).
"A CALL TO HONOR,INC. has finally made it through stage one. We have been approved by the State of Indiana!!!!!!! For the sole benefit of children(as Col. Cook would want it!) & the public. A not for profit military history museum. Main focus WW1-H. Weir Cook. Though not leaving anyone behind we will also house all other wars to. The museum will be housed in a 1904 school house where the Col. went to school & in his home town of Wilkinson. We will be opening the doors to the public for a sneak preview in August of 2003. We will have an event that this town has never seen. All money raised by this event will go to the museum. The event includes a car show model A & T's sponsored by a Ind.-Ohio car club. A reenactment of WW1 times, vehicles from WW2, food, vendors & a home show of a 1950 gym turned into a 17,000 squ. ft. home. A tour through the 1904 & 1922 school house. More will be added as it comes in.

Again I have to stop & THANK this WEB SITE. The Aerodrome & it's forum people for making this dream come true! It's what I learned from this site & still learning that has gotten me so motivated to pursue this dream.
So, THANKS !
Closed Thread